There are days where we don’t feel very happy or we even wonder if we can be happy. The good new is that you can actually decide to be happy!
You do this by making changes in your thoughts and habits. By changing how you think and implementing some healthy habits, you can actually create happiness for yourself!
5 Simple Tips to Being Happy
- Make a list. Write out a list of everyday things that may seem simple but do nothing but fill you with joy and happiness. It may be something like planting a flower, taking your dog for a long walk in the park or even enjoying your favorite tea. Now take that list and make sure you do one thing on it every day. Mix it up and don’t be afraid to add to the list as you discover more things which make you happy.
- Do something physical. Move your body in any way you can. 10 minutes a day can get that blood flowing and improve your mood. Go to a gym, take a brisk walk, and if you are not able to do those things. Sit in a chair and swing your arms around to some upbeat music.
- Practice Gratitude. On another list, write 1-5 things you are grateful for every day. If you can’t think of more than one, then 1 is great. Keep it simple, be grateful that you woke up in the morning, you have a roof over your head, and you have air to breath. The more you do this, the more things you will find to be grateful for and your daily lists will grow from 1 to 10 in no time. Then you will look back and see all of the things you have to be grateful for and THAT will make you happier.
- Make or visit friends. Go visit or meet up with an old friend. If you don’t have any, try to get out and make some new ones. Join club or volunteer. Just get out and meet with people that like the same things that you do. Before you know it you will have a circle of friends that you enjoying spending time with.
- Get outside. Go out and enjoy the sun. Fresh air and sunshine will recharge your batteries and lift your mood. Take a walk, ride a bike or just sit outside and soak up some sun (wear sunscreen of course).
The idea is to just change the way you are thinking about what happiness really is. It isn’t a big house, fancy car or lots of “stuff”. It’s simply the idea that life is great and you are living it to the fullest. The great news about it is, you can actually remind yourself all of the reasons to be happy and reprogram your brain to believe it. Now is the time to start implementing these strategies and changing the way you think about happiness.
Click here for you complimentary session